Sunday, April 21, 2013

TRAVEL BUG

Images via; Various Tumblr

Travel is something that excites me to my core. I never truly understood what it meant when people said they caught the "travel bug"- that intense feeling of returning from a holiday only wanting more and more. 

Confession: When I returned from America last August after travelling with my boyfriend, it was safe to say I caught the god-for-saken travel bug. Since then, I haven't been able to stop thinking or saving for anything else besides travel. 

Let me tell you from one girl to another, 5 days in New York was not enough for me, and can honestly say now I feel like I have unfinished business with that city. I did all the touristy things there was to do in New York (i.e The Empire State Building, Shopping in Soho, Broadway etc), but I have plans on one day returning to do the more local "cool" things like bike riding across Brooklyn Bridge and lunching in Chelsea etc.

It makes me nervous to think that i'm finishing uni at the end of this year (given that I don't fail any subjects along the way), and I could find myself falling into a job and not be able to travel at the drop of a hat like I can now. While I'm only travelling in 1 month stints at the moment, I would love (as soon as uni has finished) to travel to as many places as I can, and get it all out of my system. 

I can now understand and relate to the quote I posted in the pictures above which reads: 
"I am in love with cities i've never been to and people i've never met"

This year, my travel bug is taking me across the seas to Europe, or "Europa" as me and my cousins call it on July 6th. I shall be travelling this time with my two cousins (aka best friends) and meeting up with some dear friends along the way. 

First stop is Barcelona (aka "Barthelona"). Then the city of love we will be- Paris. Up next is Rome, Milan and a day in Bari (it's where our family is from, and no, we don't know where it is exactly on the map), but after a day in Bari we shall catch the Ferry (not to self, after much discussion we finally realised it's pronounced 'ferry' and not 'fairy') to Croatia where we plan to do nothing for five days but sip on cocktails and soak in the sun. Tough life huh! We then make our way across country to London where we reunite with my cousin Nicola, who will take us on a grand tour of everything hipster and cool to do around the city!

That is certainly a quick wrap up of our 'trip to be', and no doubt when I return there will be a whole bunch of stories to tell about each of those cities. 

So to you my pretty little lovers, I say take any opportunity you have in life to pack those Alexander Wang bags of yours and travel the world. They are experiences that are indescribable and the best memories you will keep forever. 

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment