Sunday, May 20, 2012

SOUL SISTA












Images via; Il Etait un Fois

Despite having the same first name, Bianca Nardo has been one of my favourite bloggers for some time now. Perhaps it her style, which reminds me of aspects i create into my own looks, or maybe its the naturally tanned European skin we both have, or perhaps even that we love the same shade of MAC lipstick that gives us something in common. Whatever it is, her blog 'Il Etait Un Fois' (meaning once upon a time) is one not to be missed. If you love LOVER OF THE KING, you will love Bianca's blog as i think it shares some common aspects of style and fashion. I had the great pleasure of interviewing this chicki babe earlier on this year, and she seemed like such a sweet natured and easy going girl to know, and she was so eager to answer any annoying questions i had coming her way.
So here it is; an interview with Bianca Nardo from 'Il Etait Un Fois':

What inspired you to start blogging?
A love of fashion



What is the story behind your blogs title?
I wanted it as a tattoo. It means ‘Once Upon a Time’.

When did you start to blog?

The end of August 2010.



Where do you see your blog heading over the next 12 months?
I couldn’t say. I just take each day as they come.

What are your favourite blogs going around right now? why?

Ahh too many! Wolfcub, Tuula, Confidant Liar, just to name a few.

How would you describe your personal style?

That’s a hard one… Laid back simple chic.

Who influences you in your life?

My brother. He is a graphic designer and his creativity inspired me to be creative and push my boundaries in life. He’s my big bother and I want to be just like him!

Where do you regularly go to shop to find the best buys?
My computer. Pretty much do all my shopping online. Some of my fav’s are Asos, Shopbop, and ebay. 



Are there any trends in particular you are loving this season?

Sportswear! Can’t love it enough!



Are there any trends you would like to see make a come back?

Not really. I believe good trends are timeless.


Who are your favourite designers

At the moment Ellery, Alexander Wang, and Isabel Marant.



Who inspires your wardrobe and why?

Bloggers, and Scandinavian and French women because there are so incredibly chic and cool. 



What is your wardrobe mantra?
Ahh it’s not so organized… I have crap everywhere. One room has two garment racks dedicated to clothes that are on rotate regularly and shoes. And my bedroom wardrobe has the basics. Trackies, tees. PJ’s etc. (not photo worthy doll)

What are you doing when you're not blogging?

Eating too much, watching really bad reality tv, all of them you name it - Real housewives, Kardashians, Made in Chelsea. I’m secretly obsessed…shhh. Haha and sleeeep!



Any advice for anyone who wants to start a blog?

Be passionate and original.



What are the best aspects of running your own blog/what are the worst?

You’re the boss. You say what goes. Can’t say there’s anything bad about it. Love everything about it.



What type of camera do you use?

My brother takes all my personal snaps and he uses a Canon EOS1000D.



What is your favorite item in your wardrobe?

My shiny silver Alexander Wang heels. They’re ridiculously uncomfortable but I LOVE them! Pretty hurts haha!



What is your favorite beauty product… one that you swear by?

MAC nude lipstick in the shade ‘Myth’ cannot live without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment